A speciality pharmaceutical company focused on ophthalmology with a rich pipeline of potential breakthrough innovations is looking for a Biochemist / Protein Engineer with experience in developing and commercialising biopharmaceuticals, to work in their research and development department.
The ideal candidate should have significant experience working with proteins and enzymes, as well as an understanding of biochemistry and molecular biology. He should be able to work independently and as part of a team and have a good understanding of the regulatory requirements for conducting clinical trials.
You will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects related to eye care, including but not limited to gene therapy for glaucoma, new drugs for dry eye syndrome, treatment for macular degeneration, etc.
- You play a key role in the discovery and research of peptide/protein drug pre-formulations, provide input in establishing analytical methods, and stability investigations and will assess tissue penetration and bioavailability potentials of products for ophthalmology applications.
- You present work and specific recommendations at the group, department, inter-department, and management meetings.
- You serve as a team representative in drug development team meetings and share knowledge, expertise, and recommendations on formulation development at cross-functional team meetings.
- You are responsible for maintaining the general lab and instruments, as well as assessment of technical equipment needs (for example new instruments).
- You drive and complete projects independently, but also contribute to teamwork.
- MSc with minimum 3-year experience or PhD with at least 1-year experience in a relevant protein biochemistry setting, preferably post-academic experience
- Expertise in protein research and characterization with keen analytical and problem-solving skills; Expertise in protein stability, structure, or biophysics
- Hands-on experience and trouble-shooting proficiency with chromatographic (HPLC-DAD and -MS, column chromatography) and/or biophysical techniques (UV-VIS, CD, DSC, ELISA, FTIR, Fluorescence, particle analysis, etc.)
- Competent management and practical use of MS Office applications
- Strong collaborative team spirit, self-motivated and a track record of reporting skills
- Strong, open, and constructive communication skills
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- German/English of international working standard
Some of the Benefits:
- A highly innovative, international, and challenging environment at the forefront of new treatments in ophthalmology
- A promising product pipeline development in advanced clinical stages
- An open, communicative atmosphere with numerous opportunities for personal growth and development with lots of fun!
- A company culture that is driven by our people and where everyone in the organization makes a difference to our mission
- A modern style of working, competitive salary, flexible working time and a wide range of social benefits
If you are interested in joining the team and would like further details, please contact James Trott at Aspire Life Sciences at email@example.com