We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Product Specialist in Advanced Surgery (Medical Devices Sector).
Our client, a multinational medical devices organisation, offers a great opportunity to develop your professional career in their Sales area.
The Product Specialist is responsible for the successful achievement of results revenue as designated in the annual Sales Plan. The focus is on achieving success through specialised sales of a designated group of products from the company portfolio. Responsible for the designated product group inclusive of the design, development, coordination, and execution of a Strategic Sales Business Plan to prospect, generate leads, plan sales and marketing strategies, deliver pre-and post-sales support, train and develop customers, and build and foster relationships with key individuals to develop, expand, and maximize the sales of the business and market.
Essential duties and responsibilities: – Other duties may be assigned:
- Deliver the annual FLC sales target outlined in the annual Sales Plan
- Develop and maintain an understanding of assigned product group as it relates to features, functionality, pricing, warranty, and any/all other attributes
- Develop working relationships with other company functions and Distributor Partners to ensure that the most effective solutions are the ed in the coordination of the sales process, to effectively and efficiently provide a full range of support pre-and post-sale support, and to enhance the effectiveness of the entire Sales function
- Stays engaged with peers from Sales and other functions to leverage skills and knowledge, understand and exploit new and existing business, follow up on opportunities identified, and informs of opportunities (strives for a “win-win” for all)
- Completes administrative aspects of role inclusive of response to email, timely follow up, expense reporting, trip reports, etc. on a thorough and timely basis and adheres to company policy inclusive of pricing, free goods, phone use, etc.
- Lead or participate in special projects and/or take on additional responsibilities as requested by the Sales Management Team
- Deliver training on the full range of connected and networked products to distributor partner sales both in South and Southern Africa, inclusive of product applications, features and functionality, technical attributes, pricing, service requirements, warranty, etc. to ensure understanding and proficiency in selling of company products
- Establish and manage reference accounts, inclusive of coordination of pricing, product installation, and support as well as develop and maintain working relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers for accounts
- Act as project manager actively driving and managing the technology evaluation and deliver sales generating technical solutions in large opportunity sales or installations inclusive of ensuring customer requirements are defined and communicated and coordinate pre- and post-sales support
- Act as first contact for customer inquiries and complaints on assigned products including diagnosing and troubleshooting problems, engaging other parties to resolve problems in a thorough and timely manner, and arrange/ensure follow up
- Prepare and/or deliver major presentations to Key Opinion Leaders on assigned products as it relates to application and advantages, installation requirements, workflow implications, technical specifications, etc.
- Provide field leadership for selected accounts and attend user conferences, as well as distributor sales meetings and tradeshows applicable to the market, to fully understand current and emerging end user requirements and to build and develop relationships with thought leaders and decision makers in the end user community
- Act as a conduit for customers and Distributor partners by providing guidance to the product development function on features and functionality for current and future products as it relates to assigned products
- Advise on competitive products and services to contribute to strategies for defending and growing market penetration
- Assist distributor sales teams in preparation and/or delivery of product demos in their area of responsibility
Education and experience:
A degree in either in business or alternatively, life sciences, combined with minimum of 5+ years sales experience in the Medical Device industry. The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar position with focus on a similar product group.
Qualifications and skills:
- Established record of delivering sales goals and quotas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, and manage/triage priorities with minimal guidance from manager
- Demonstrated knowledge of the assigned product line, selling and business strategy, selling partners, and competitors
- Demonstrated track record of successful presentations (preparation, delivery, Q&A) to large, cross-functional and/or multi-level audiences inclusive of Sr. level executives
- Proficiency in understanding and communicating workflow implications and benefits from assigned products
- Established ability to independently troubleshoot technical and operational issues for the full range of assigned products
- Proven capacity and ability to train, motivate, coach, manage, influence peers and team members
- Strong customer focus and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 80%
- Ability to speak, read, and write in local language and English
- Unrestricted driver’s license and own reliable vehicle
- Ability to transport and lift product as necessary