Our partner is seeking a Director – Medicinal Chemistry to join their rapidly growing Medicinal Chemistry group. This position is considered to be a critical leadership role within the business, responsible for the success of a team with significant scientific, technical and commercial responsibilities. This is a hands-on position where you will collaborate with team members across different functions including chemical synthesis, medicinal chemistry, process development and formulation science.
The team is made up of the most talented scientists and engineers in the industry, who have developed a reputation for their dedication to scientific excellence. The company is always looking to push the boundaries of the field, delivering solutions that were once thought unsolvable.
The Associate Director / Director – of Medicinal Chemistry is responsible for the development and execution of small molecule drug discovery campaigns. This position will be responsible for identifying and defining new product opportunities that may be pursued by the company on an international basis by providing synthetic and medicinal chemistry expertise.
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing the company’s Medicinal Chemistry Strategy by leading a team of medicinal chemists, managing the preclinical and clinical development pipeline, and providing expertise in strategic decision-making.
- Provide high-quality candidate molecules, from hit-finding through to successful project deliverables.
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders including Project Teams and other Departments within the company. Manage relationships with external stakeholders including CROs/CMOs (Contract Research Organizations/Contract Manufacturing Organizations) as needed.
- Interface with external stakeholders such as regulatory agencies (FDA/EMA), clinical sites, CROs/CMOs (Contract Research Organizations/Contract Manufacturing Organizations), vendors, academic institutions
- The candidate should have a proven track record of success in managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders across diverse geographies
- PhD degree in Organic Chemistry or equivalent industrial experience
- Strategic leadership in small molecule drug discovery programs. Development of compounds that have moved into and through human clinical trials preferred
- Well-published in the field, with an established track record of scientific publications
- Several years of experience working in medicinal chemistry and being capable of interacting with a variety of people at all levels within the organization.
- Competitive salary, a generous benefits package, performance-based bonus, excellent training, and development
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, including optical and dental cover
- Employer pension contribution