We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Direct Sales Representative (Back Shop) that exists within our Client’s Sales Department.
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with branches across South Africa and internationally.
The position will be reporting directly to the Regional Sales Manager and the successful candidate will be responsible for promoting and generating sales on key product portfolios to pharmacies on both ethical and generic ranges. In addition, he/she will also be responsible for building and maintaining strong business relationships with pharmacy decision-makers, in order to drive net sales revenue.
We would welcome the opportunity to connect and provide further details if you feel this is the right role for you!
- Matric qualification.
- B.Sc Degree or relevant tertiary qualification preferred
- A minimum of 1-2 years of proven pharmaceutical sales track record is essential.
- Previous basket experience/exposure highly preferred
- Valid South African driver’s license and own reliable vehicle.
- Existing relationships with key customers in the JHB North territory would be advantageous.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written), fluency in English
- Intermediate to advanced level Computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Product knowledge on both generic and ethical products preferred.
- Effective territory management.
- Knowledge of basic financial calculation i.e. Gross Margins, mark-ups.
- Ability to analyse company in house data and external data sources.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Administration skills – ability to comply with the required administration standards associated with this position.
- Ability to work under pressure, to set priorities and to demonstrate time management skills.
- Creativity and flexibility – the ability to work in a changing environment and to adapt to different situations.
- Professionalism, and demonstrated presentation skills
- Demonstrated history of achieving sales targets in a similar capacity
- Willing to go the extra mile to meet with business objectives
- Clear Credit and Criminal record
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Achieve and exceed set sales targets and market share objectives.
- Effective implementation of sales and marketing strategies.
- Effective management of the regional territory by means of planning, territory analysis, customer targeting and call coverage of identified customer base.
- Establishment of positive relationships (mutual trust and respect) with customers and other stakeholders.
- Manage key customer sales and effective relationship management.
- Providing ongoing customer support.
- Add value to an entrepreneurial climate.
- Effective territory expense management and control.
- Active engagement with team members & piers in order to build an exciting and high-performance team and company culture.