Business Development is the lifeblood of all successful companies, and our partner is no different. With our Early-Stage Development (ESDT) unit rapidly expanding, they need a strong achiever to help drive new business and close deals in the Western European market. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team of entrepreneurial go-getters and make your mark in a company that values personal contribution.
Our client is a global leader in the development and production of life-science products, with a focus on biopharmaceuticals. They are a leading provider of custom manufacturing services, offering a broad range of capabilities including analytical testing and development, API manufacturing, DP processing, fine chemicals manufacturing and packaging/formulation. They are always looking for talented and motivated professionals to join their team. They practice a performance-based culture that rewards success and offers the opportunity for growth, development, and flexibility to work in an ideal environment.
The Business Development Director will be responsible for growing the Company’s Small Molecule Drug Product business. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Leads and drives a customer-focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader pharmaceutical industry relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external sales and marketing departments, vendors, and distributors.
- Expand the profile and reach of the company and its brands.
- Consistently and accurately manage the sales process including prospecting, closing, sales forecasting, and pipeline management.
- Support educational, sales, or promotional events, and conferences.
- Work closely with the technical team on customer acquisition and support and ensure that customers are fully satisfied
- Comprehensive understanding of cGMP requirements and environmental issues in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Collaborate effectively internally with R&D, Quality Control and Manufacturing teams, and externally (customers, vendors, stakeholders)
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related life-science degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in business development, with a proven track record in selling CDMO services
- Experience in analytical, API, DP, fine chemicals, and custom technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team
- Flexible working environment and tools that enable you to work from anywhere
- Full medical health, dental and vision coverage
- Great company culture. Regular team social events, and company-wide recognition of outstanding work.
- Pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- Highly prioritized work-life balance environment
- Perkbox Employee benefits.