We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Business Analyst Associate with our client, a leading pharmaceutical organization.
The role reports to the Head: of New Product Development and the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the analytical requirements of the business, their subsidiary company, SADC, Public Health and the business communication centre.
He / She will report on data-based insights across the commercial organization for informed decision-making processes. This is a combination of supervised as well as independent work that will be signed off by the relevant manager.
We would welcome the opportunity to connect and provide further details if you feel this is the right role for you!
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in BSc Science, Mathematics or Health Sciences
- Minimum 1 year of experience in data analytics
- 1+ year of pharmaceutical industry experience (sales and marketing) is an advantage
- Advanced skills in QlikView or other interactive BI dashboard tool systems (SAP) and data analytics / BI Tools (QlikView)
- Microsoft suite (Excel advanced)
- SFDC Certified Administration is an advantage
- Proven track record and customer service experience
- Experience in data analytics with the pharmaceutical market
- Understanding of market data and data extraction and transformation methodologies
- Commercial operations and processes (Sales, Marketing, Key Accounts) and impact on business
- Experience of having operated in a complex matrix organisation
- Sound knowledge of data and insight integration to inform, support, and direct business strategy
- Strong analytical, strategic, and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate the ability to turn data driven insights into actionable ways to drive business results
- Able to proactively identify business opportunities and translate it to key stakeholders
- Efficient prioritization of tasks for critical business deliverables
- Ability to develop and deliver compelling executive-level presentations
- Ability to perform well under pressure and maintain commitment to deadlines
- Cross collaboration across the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to simplify complex data-driven insights
- Budget process and target setting
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Sales Representative revenue target setting
- Clearly defined yearly targets for each sales representative per territory per brand. This is done by analysing IQVIA/CENTRIX/NEILSEN reports to see a breakdown of products by territory and brand. This is historical.
- The business analyst associate will work under supervision and would do the calculations, which determine the targets, based on the strategy determined by the Heads of SA Commercial.
- SSD models maintenance & management (Sales out)
- Work under supervision to perform data validations according to set criteria based on IQVIA/CENTRIX/NEILSEN reports submitted to them
- Update the system changes to reflect any territory or brick changes. Manage Customer Classifications (Key accounts).
- Management of Sales and Marketing structure (Resource movement). This includes any Salesforce movements that could affect target or commissions
- Repwise system management
- Maintain and update information related to Wholesaler products code, Team brand allocation, SEP imports, Detail brands allocation, Ordering device settings, Stock management and out of stocks
- Glass system management
- Maintain and update information related to CPA measurement, Employee list management, Product team master, Customer database, Sales team reporting line management, Territory structures, Customer classification
- Incentives and awards management
- Perform quarterly accurate incentive calculations that include updated focus brands and product weightings according to the incentive eligibility guidelines that are provided to them.
- Perform annual awards calculations based on the predefined criteria and metrics management.
- Reporting and data management
- Quality data reports delivered as per business expectations and validated by the business unit heads.
- Brand performance trackers and reporting
- Perform reporting of brand performance through appropriate analytical tools such as Power BI, Excel brand dashboards, new product launch dashboards, This is according to annual budgeted targets that have been set by the Business Unit Head team.
- Adhoc data analysis as required by stakeholders/brand managers and Sales Representatives. These would relate to reports they require to assist them in understanding their customer more effectively.